What kind of CPR training do I need?

CPR card
What kind of CPR do I need?


In Pennsylvania and most other States, if you NEED to have CPR certification for medical related work or school, you will need American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers. Other brands will NOT be accepted by your school or employer.

If you are required to have CPR for non-medical employment or school, the requirements are less stringent. Basically, any in-person class with an instructor will work.

Pediatric CPR and First Aid

In Pennsylvania, Daycare workers or anyone with a State mandate to obtain certification for work involving children, you must have training that which specifies "Pediatric". It is important that your First Aid card specifically states "Pediatric" for both CPR and First Aid. If not, you certification may be rejected by your employer.

First Aid

The requirements for First-Aid training are less stringent. Generally, any in-person or online training is adequate, other than Pediatric which must be in-person. The specific brand is not important but should follow international guidelines. Such brands include, Red Cross, IEMI and AHA.

Visit this link to take our online First-Aid Training and optional in-class skills session if you need it

Lancaster CPR is an authorized Training Site for the following brands:

  • American Heart Association

  • Institute for Emergency Medical response

  • Red Cross

  • National Registry of Medical Assistants

Our Ephrata training site is convenient to Reading, Marietta, Lititz, Mount Joy, Manheim, East Petersburg, Elizabethtown, Denver, Lebanon, Hershey, Columbia, Adamstown, Akron, New Holland, Leola, York and Lancaster, Pennsylvania.

47 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Lancaster CPR is now a full service training site offering American Heart Association First Aid, CPR, BLS, ACLS and PALS! Located in Ephrata, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, Lancaster CPR has added Ad